I know I'm a day late and a dollar short on the fourth of July blog posts but this cake is BANGING. It's a recipe my grandma used to make and each year, I'd request it for my big family birthday celebration. This cake is da bomb.
Without further ado, the greatest non-chocolate cake ever:
White cake (We use a box because we were making a shit ton of other food but you can make homemade.)
1 Box of Cherry Jell-o
1 packet of Dream Whip -OR- one container of Cool Whip
1 can of cherry pie filling
1. Make a cake. Follow the box or the recipe of your choice. It's gotta be a white cake though.
2. Let the cake cool then poke holes throughout the cake.
3. Make Jell-o according to package BUT DO NOT ADD THE CUP OF COOL WATER. Keep the Jell-O double strength.
4. Once Jell-o is cooled to room temperature-ish, pour over cake and place the cake in your fridge over night.
5. Before serving, mix up Dream Whip (my grandma always used Dream Whip but we used reduced fat Cool Whip for our cake) and spread over the top of cake.
6. Cover in cherry pie filling and serve.
7. Keep leftovers (if you have any) in the fridge.
Shit's delicious, isn't it?